When are the courts open?
Stratford Park and Lyle Park will be open from 8.00am to 10:00pm on weekdays and from 9:00am to 8.00pm on weekends.
Central Park and Gooseley Playing Fields will be open from 8:00am until dusk on weekdays and from 9:00am til dusk on weekends.
How do I purchase an annual registration?
Please visit our membership page. Payment is made online and the charge is £30 for 12 months.
Do I have to be a resident of Newham?
No, anyone can purchase an annual registration and make a court booking.
I only want to play once or twice, what can I do?
We offer a pay and play option charged at £5 per hour per court. During the times that the Floodlights are in use the charge will be £8 per hour per court. Simply register, book the time you would like to play and then and pay for your court. Payment is made online via the website.
Do I get an annual registration for each person in the household?
No. You only have one membership per household. Any member of the household can use this to access the courts.
Once I have an annual registration do I still have to pay court fees?
No. Once you get an annual registration court bookings can then be made at no cost. However, when the floodlights are in use there will be an additional charge to members of £2 per hour per court.
Once I have an annual registration do I have to book the courts that I want to use?
Yes. You will still need to book courts using the online booking system.
Once I have booked my court, how do I get access?
Once you have booked your court you will receive your booking confirmation. Your booking confirmation will include a PIN which you can then enter into the keypad at the access gate at the courts. The PIN will be active 15 minutes before the booked session.
Do I need a PIN code for every park with tennis courts?
Yes this applies to Central, Gooseley, Lyle and Stratford.
What do I do if my PIN doesn't work?
Firstly, please check that you are within the timeframe that the PIN is active. If you are, please call the telephone number that is on your booking confirmation and you will be provided with an alternative PIN for that booking.
How many sessions can I book per day?
Members and non-members may make one booking up to two hours per day.
Can I purchase an annual registration for coaching purposes?
Only professional National Tennis Assoication coaches are authorised to deliver coaching activities on the courts. The annual registration and the pay and play rates are not permitted for this purpose.
If I have purchased an annual registration, am I tied into a contract?
No. You initially pay for 12 months membership and if you want to carry on using the courts after that you can pay for each year's renewal as you go.
If I have purchased an annual registration, when does it start?
The membership will be activated when you register your email address and create a password for your online account.
Am I entitled to a concessionary rate if I am receipt of benefits?
There are no concessionary rates.
What happens if I purchase an annual registration part way through the year? Is there a reduced fee?
No. There is no reduced fee. From the time you activate your account that is when your 12 month membership starts.
Once I have joined can I stop it part way through the 12 months?
No. Once you have joined and paid for your membership this will run for 12 months and not be part refunded for any reason.
Can I hire equipment?
Unfortunately we do not offer that facility.
Can I cancel a booking I have already made?
If you wish to cancel a booking you must cancel it via your account (my bookings) or the confirmation email.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of the court booking will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
NB. No cash refunds will be given. A refund will be applied to the card which was used at the time of booking (it may take up to 10 working days for this refund to show on the payment method).
If I see damage to the courts or anti-social behaviour who should I report this to?
If you notice the courts are damaged or unsafe please contact the police on 101 or 999 in case of emergency
What are the details of the terms and conditions?
Play Tennis Newham Terms and Conditions
Please read and understand the following, if you are unsure of any points please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 980340
Booking Rules and Notices
- Courts must be booked before you enter the courts
- Courts must be cancelled if not used, even in the event of poor weather
- You can book 2 hours at a time, if you require longer for a special event you will need to gain permission by emailing email@example.com in advance
- Courts can be booked 2 weeks in advance
- Only members of your household are permitted to use your login details or PIN code
Cancelling your booking
- If you wish to cancel a booking you must cancel it via your account (my bookings) or the confirmation email.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the court booking will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
- No cash refunds will be given. A refund will be applied to the card which was used at the time of booking (it may take up to 10 working days for this refund to show on the payment method).
Playing on the courts
- Clean and non marking trainers must be worn
- No bikes, skateboards or scooters are permitted on the tennis courts
- Be careful not to spit out chewing gum on the tennis courts
- Smoking and alcohol is not permitted on the tennis courts
- No ball baskets are to be used on the tennis courts
- Respect other users of the courts considering your language and keep your t-shirt on
- Only tennis can be played on the tennis courts, all other activity is forbidden
- Please vacate the court promptly, taking all your rubbish and closing the gate behind you.
- Our staff have the right to ask any person mis-using, or behaving anti-socially on the courts to leave
- Only National Tennis Association (NTA) recognised coaches will be allowed to coach on the courts paid or un-paid, we ensure that qualification, first aid and safeguarding checks have been completed
NTA reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions for the tennis courts at any time in the interest of protecting the courts and members.
NTA reserve the right to cancel any membership of any person who does not abide by the terms and conditions